The Project Management Institute has come out with a schedule for their release of the new Project Management Book Of Knowledge, known as the PMBOK® Guide. The 6th Edition will take effect in Q3 of 2017, and the changes will start affecting the PMP Certification Exam in Q1 of 2018.
From the PMI newsletter:
- Agile practices incorporated into the PMBOK® Guide
- Expanded coverage of agile and other adaptive and iterative practices. This will align proven, foundational project management concepts with the evolving state of the profession today.
- Introductory sections and agile appendix added. Also, we plan to publish a companion practice guide focused on agile – tentatively in third quarter of 2017.
- Addition of three introductory sections for each Knowledge Area, Key Concepts, Trends and Emerging Practices and Tailoring Consideration.
- More emphasis on strategic and business knowledge and the PMI Talent Triangle™
As usual, it means more work for us as PMI Registered Education Providers.
Also as usual, it makes sense to take the PMP Exam prior to the updates. We have our PMP Exam Prep class scheduled for Feb. 22-28, 8am to 5pm Eastern Time. This will be a ‘simulcast’ from our classroom in Columbia, MD and also virtually online. It’s a live, instructor-led class but you can attend from your computer without having to travel to Maryland.
For more information, click on the link below…
[ez_big_btn color=”yellow” url=”https://myaccount.projmasters.com/product/pmp-capm-certification-program/” target=”_blank”]Learn More[/ez_big_btn]
I hope to see you there,