Manages multiple, complex projects related to the upgrade of the infrastructure and support systems of the Radio satellite System (“PRS”). The projects involve a multi-disciplinary approach to a complete replacement of the infrastructure of the PRS hardware and software delivery systems in order to support future producer and station operations. Participates with other staff, consultants, and vendors in the NPR’s Distribution Division (“Distribution”) and elsewhere in PRS project in the creation of project plans, specifications, designs, testing plans, and oversees implementations of technology acquisition and system/web development projects. Creates and maintains documentation, training, and records associated with the projects.
Radio Satellite System Project’s Challenges:
The PRS project was running behind schedule and they needed a Senior Project Manager who would be responsible for the entire project. They needed a Project Manager to:
- Assign tasks related to multiple, concurrent projects in support of the program to self and others across organizations within Distribution
- Evaluate project status, analyze resource requirements, and determine need for outside resources
- Manage project tasks requiring awareness of multiple technical and business disciplines
- Manage and escalate project issues to Distribution management
- Negotiate and oversee consultant, contractor, and vendor contracts in consultation with other management and PRS’s Legal staff
- Prepare project budgets
- Coordinate staff assignments with PRS department heads
- Prepare and present project status and budget reports to the Distribution Deputy Director of Projects and other Distribution management. Serves as principal project liaison with Distribution executives and managers
- Prepare and present informational sessions to program producers and stations
- Coordinate execution of program communication plan with Division members and external customer committees
- Manage multiple project teams in support of the program by developing clear objectives aligned with the program goals
- Institute technical delivery procedures and methodologies across software and broadcast engineering disciplines.
The Senior Project Manager had to interface with many different software and hardware vendors to get the project back on track.
Project Masters provided a Senior Project Manager to:
- Get the project back on schedule
- Provide a detailed implementation project plan – all the activities PRS needs to complete to successfully deliver the PRS project, including critical path and external dependencies.
- Provide an action item list – manage the list of issues or action items to keep the plan on target. Include PRS risk issue to be worked and responsibilities assigned.
- Provide weekly status reporting – communicate internally and externally the status of the program progress
- Provide standard operating procedures – standard operating procedures for Distribution Information Systems staff.
Project Masters working together with PRS managed the test phase and user acceptance of the PRS project that:
- Managed the infrastructure of the PRS hardware and software delivery systems to help support future producer and station operations.
- Managed and controlled the upgrade of the infrastructure and support systems for the Radio Satellite System.
- Developed a workable project plan to get the integrator back on schedule
- Negotiated and oversaw consultants, contractor, and vendor contracts in consultation with other management
WE CAN HELP YOU
Project Masters has 20 years experience in consulting and mentoring at over 100 corporations and government agencies